Trail Report for the Burg – February 11th, 2016
“We also found Melvin and fresh untouched trails. Great Job!” 2/10/2016 Mike Meier photo.
The Burg has received snow showers the last couple of days and last evening we received about 2″ of new snow (Lake Francis area).
Our forecast shows more snow showers through Saturday morning.
The groomers have been out each night getting the trails in great shape for the weekend. The northern and eastern trails are in great condition.
This weeks added snow has improved trail conditions in the Back Lake area and trails are fair to good. The trails south of Back Lake are poor but the groomers will be going south to Pittsburg village tonight.
Trail 141 has been opened from Dorman’s gas to Young’s Store. It will remain open for the weekend or until there is not enough snow cover.
Use caution this weekend especially Saturday night and Sunday with what could be our coldest temperatures of the season.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy trails and ride safely.
- 2/11 – PRR Pot Luck Dinner and Monthly Meeting
- 2/13 – Vintage Race, Lisbon
- 2/13 – Warming Hut. A Pisten Bully trail groomer will be on display at the Hut. Check it out.
- 2/20 – Warming Hut. Pittsburg’s Fire & Rescue will be at the Hut with their state of the art Rescue Equipment on display.
- 2/27 – Annual Steak Feed and Raffle Sled Drawing.
- TBD – 17th Annual North Country Firefighter’s Ride-In & Poker Run.
Raffle tickets are still available and can be purchased at Young’s Store, at the Warming Hut on Saturday and at some of the lodging businesses. You can also get your raffle ticket at the PRR club house Monday through Friday between 8:00 & 10:00 am. Good luck!
There is a pressure ridge developing on 1st CT Lake across from The Glen.
Please use caution on all of the big lakes.
There is a report from some ice fishermen that a second pressure ridge is forming out on 1st CT Lake. Use caution!
Please do not snowmobile on plowed roads. It’s illegal.