Riding in Canada


EFFECTIVE AUGUST 20TH 2017 – The Pittsburg NH Border Crossing is open daily from 8:00 am to midnight. If anyone decides to try and cross the Pittsburg NH Border Crossing outside of hours, Border Patrol will know. And, if apprehended, they will face fines and other penalties. Please plan your return into Pittsburg accordingly.

Alternate crossing locations include:

Beecher Falls, VT
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Coburn Gore, Me
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

In Pittsburg, our trails connect to trails in Quebec, Canada and here is what you need to go through Quebec, Canada Customs:

*Passport or Pass-Card
*Valid Drivers License
*Quebec Trail Permit
*No Criminal Record

When riding to the Canadian border if you do not want to go into Canada; turn your sleds around before you get to the rear of the customs building by the snow fence. The customs agents have asked that you do not use the highway in front of the customs house as a turn around spot. This is for your safety.

If you want to ride into Canada you must have a Quebec Trail Permit which is sold online – https://snowmobileinquebec.com/snowmobilers-guide/#trailpermit

If you get stopped without a Quebec Trail Permit you will need to purchase a Quebec Trail Permit plus pay a fine, both totaling $560 CANADIAN FUNDS.

When entering Quebec Canada you must stay on the right-hand side of the highway right-of-way and continue to the Canadian customs house.  Stop on the outside (left side) of the awning and wait by your sleds for the Canadian customs agent to come out and give you permission to continue. Have your passport or pass-card ready. You must not have a criminal record.
Canadian customs are open daily 8 am to midnight.

When returning to the U.S. stay on the right-hand side of the highway right-of-way and stop under the awning at the U.S. customs house.  Have your passport or pass-card ready.

Here’s the link for more information on Quebec Trail Permits.